Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Olympos

Here's the map of another story I've been batting around for a while. FYI This came about accidentally as I was trying to create Natalie's map(s). What can I say? Muses, like other supernatural beings, work in mysterious ways.



It took a long time to come up with the name of New Olympos for this world. I know it sounds very simple, and it is, but I couldn't decide for months if I was going to give this world and characters actual Greek names or just names that were very Greek sounding. In the end there will be a mixture of both.

A very big thanks to http://www.wjohnson.freeuk.com/names/greeka.htm for providing a great Greek name generator. Having studied Greek mythology for as long as I can remember I had a pretty good feel for what "sounded Greek" but this generator gives a really good mixture of composition that I never would have concocted myself.

As with The Six Kingdoms I will wait to see who wants to hear the story before I just go splattering it up here.

1 comment:

  1. Im still waiting for the Six Kingdoms...now I'll have 2 stories to wait for ;)

    ReplyDelete