Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Only quitters quit

Says the guy who just dropped out of a medical Spanish class....

But don't listen to me, listen to Mike Brotherton.

http://www.sfwa.org/2012/04/guest-post-we-limit-ourselves-and-need-to-stop/

I think it also helps to have people pushing you if you can't seem to do it to yourself. The same friend that sent me the Ira Glass quote (in my last post) now asks me once a week how New Olympos is coming. I'm trying not to slack as much as I used to, and I am making some headway with it. I haven't written anything yet because I'm still in the process of researching the new-to-me sci fi aspect. Fortunately I have yet another friend at work who is huge into sci fi and I can bounce ideas off him. And now I'm working him into world building.

Creativity: it's a give and take. And I won't say "those that can't do, teach" but I will twist it into "those who are struggling to create fill the time and glean inspiration from helping others create".

1 comment:

  1. Watch this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzL255KRPvU

    ReplyDelete