Saturday, August 28, 2010

"Japan" Maps

Ryu'shima (Dragon Island)

Yamashi (Mountain Island)

(No name)


I spent the day making use of Google Translator to give the islands and towns actual Japanese names. Admittedly I fudged things a bit in places - and I'm sure I screwed up a few others since I don't have any idea how Japanese grammar and sentence structure work.

I haven't renamed the western island yet because I can't find anything that I feel suits it.

The key is as follows: RED dot = temple, BLACK dot = town/city, BLACK square = fortress/castle

Once I have the maps complete (or at least to minimal satisfaction/capabilities) I will add a few notes to the workings of the world. I still haven't decided if these landmasses will comprise the whole world or just be a portion. On the smaller scale I reckon them at a 1cm:10 miles ratio - that's printed on standard 8.5 x 11 paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment